Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympic Fever! - London, Great Britain

It's happened! I got lucky enough to come to the Olympics AND watch Team USA basketball! Got into London on Tuesday, had dinner with my cousin Mic, and then made her help me look for basketball tickets. At the time, there were only Russia vs. Lithuania and France vs. Spain tickets available, but I figured what the heck, any basketball would be cool to watch at the Olympics. So I got them, headed to the stadium the next day, and found 20 other people trying to swap their tickets for the evening Argentina vs. Brazil and USA vs Australia games. Anyway, long story short, 3 Spaniards, one dude from Luxembourg named Max, and some scalping maneuvers later, I managed to swap my ticket!

The games were amazing. I got chills the whole time just being there. What an incredible experience to be able to meet and chat with people from all over the world who are just as interested in watching sports as you. I know so many people avoid coming to the Olympics because of the crowds, the cost, or having to take time off, but seriously, seeing the world unified for the Games and the amount of effort put into them is such an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Being part of a crowd that cheers on both first place and last place finishers equally kind of restores your faith in humanity and reminds you that maybe we aren't as divided as people may think. Needless to say, this was one big check on my bucket list. In any case, here are some pics:
 

The O2
Look who showed up during Argentina vs. Brazil


UCLA REPRESENT!
Amazing seats! That's me!
TEAM USA


No comments:

Post a Comment