Friday, January 11, 2013

12 Resolutions for the Next 12 Months

I had a hard time coming up with resolutions that wouldn't be too narrow or ambiguous, so I thought I'd  divvy up my life into different spheres that I wanted to tackle and try to develop resolutions that are reasonably actionable. Here's to resolving away 2013!

Mental-
1. Feed the mind. Read more books. One a month!

2. Spew mind vomit! Blog regularly. I'd probably lose track of these otherwise.
3. A video a month. Tell more stories!
4. Start a business. The end.


Emotional-
5. Stay in touch with friends. Contact one a day!
6. Listen more. Try to not always come up with something to say.
7. Be more conscious of what I buy. Find a Fairtrade alternative to things I usually purchase.
8. Cold approach people (not women, I have one) and make new friends. This is part of what makes traveling, and life (yea yea...cliche), so amazing.

Spiritual-
9. Plant roots at a church. Write "Les Miserables No Longer" the musical... Ok, maybe not this year...
10. Explore my faith by reaching out to a theologian, hitting up books/articles, or watching lectures. At least once a month!

Physical-
11. Run an adventure race. Preferable Tough Mudder or Spartan Race. Or maybe that zombie one...
12. Stretch more. After I injured my hamstring and re-injured and re-injured it again, I visited a physical therapist who told me I was one of the most inflexible people she's ever met :(


To anybody reading- Good luck with your 2013 resolutions!

Cheers,
Kenny








No comments:

Post a Comment